Kids and their shoes
Here are a few tips on selecting shoes for younger people.
- Ensure that all footwear, including trainers, is properly fitted. Never put your child in shoes that are too big or too small.
- Avoid handing shoes down from one child to another - no two people have feet that are exactly the same shape or size.
- To help avoid ingowing toenails, cut toenails straight across and not too short.
- Make sure you give your child socks that fit - too tight and they can cramp the feet; too big they can bunch up and cause blisters.
- Choose socks with a high natural fibre content to allow feet to breathe.
- To make sure your child’s feet gets proper support, try to get shoes that are designed for the purpose they will be used for.
- Getting children to use laces and buckles isn’t always easy. One solution is to buy footwear with velcro fastenings - these can make life easier for everyone, and they make older children feel grown up because they’re putting on their own shoes.